Using this guide
Welcome to the Xavier University Library research guide for the Business Department! Use this guide to locate web resources on a number of topics. Click through the subject tabs to find more information on different topics. Also, while you're doing your research, don't forget to cite your sources - see the page for more information.
And of course, if you'd like help with your research, don't hesitate to contact a librarian! Visit the library reference desk on the 1st floor of the LRC building, or call anytime the library is open: (t) 504-520-7305. You can also click here to ask a librarian.
Good luck and happy searching!
- American's News (Newsbank)--Include printed and online newspapers, blogs, journals, newswires, broadcast transcripts and videos.
- Annual Reviews--Full-text of critical reviews written by leading scientists within the biomedical, Life, Physical, Social Sciences and Economic disciplines.
- Business Source Complete--
- Commerce Clearing House (CCH)--Database of tax law information.
- County Business Patterns--Compiles data of employees, payroll, and numbers of establishments for major industries in the US on federal, state, and county levels.
- Economia Y Negocios--Spanish and Portugese-Language periodicals with research conducted in the areas of business and economics.
- Edgar--SEC filings including 10's, 10Q's and proxy statements.
- Fed-in-Print--An index to publications from the Federal Reserve Banks.
- Federal Tax Forms--Contains current tax forms, instructions, publications, and the weekly Internal Revenue Bulletin
- Glassdoor.com--Provides a look at company salaries, reviews and interview questions for thousands fo companies.
- Hospitality and Tourism index--Scholary research and industry news relating to the demographic statistics, financial investment, marketing trends and legal aspects of tourism.
- Lexis-Nexis Academic Universe--Full-text newspaper articles, television and radio program transcripts and searchable blogs and videos.
- Mergent Online--U.S. public company information on more than 10,000 companies.
- ProQuest Business--This database contains a collection of dissertations and theses on business as well as publications on the latest business and financial information.
- Regional Business News--Full text for regional U.S. and Canadian business publications.
- Vente et Gestion--Full-text coverage for French language business journals, Subjects include accounting, tax, administration, industry, manufacturing, marketing, logistics and technology.
The preferred citation style guide for Business is the MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers, 7th edition. A paper copy can be found in Ready Reference behind the 1st floor Reference Desk at the Library Resource Center.
For help using the MLA style, call or see a librarian at the reference desk, or make an appointment at the Writing Resource Center .
An electronic, but unofficial, version can be found on this Bedford St. Martin's Research & Documentation(MLA) website. Other help for using the MLA Style can be found at the OWL Writing Center from Purdue University or at Indiana University's Information Commons page here.